lunedì 27 ottobre 2014

Dr. Khadija has been seconded to Chaaria Mission Hospital

It is with heartfelt gratitude to the County Government of Meru that I have received the news that Dr Khadija has been seconded to Chaaria.
I am honestly overjoyed and humbled by the consideration the County Government has shown towards us.
I will personally write to all the officials in the County who have approved and facilitated the secondment.
They have really encouraged me much with this very important help.
I am also very grateful to Dr Khadija who has collaborated with Chaaria for some time already on a locum base in her free time and leave: I praise Dr Khadija for being very knowledgeable, committed and simple.
I have always appreciated her skills as a doctor, because she knows really a lot; I have enjoyed working with her because she likes collaboration and she respects everybody in our staff; I have seen how much she cares for the patients and I am sure she believes with me that being a doctor is first of all a mission of service towards the suffering humanity.  

 
Last but not least, I am so happy because Dr Khadija , like me, believes in God.
On this point I want to quote a friend of mine who is a Muslim and strongly appreciates my job in Chaaria.
He says: “Muslims and Christians are people who follow different paths to climb the same mountain; when they will reach the top, they will realize that all the different ways lead to the same and only God”. Chaaria, where Catholics work hand in hand with different Christian denominations and with Muslims can become an even stronger witness of peace and unity in today’s society.
I wish to welcome Dr Khadija to Cottolengo Mission Hospital with a very open heart: here everybody already loves her very much, and I hope she will find in Chaaria not only a nice working place but also a family of friends who share the same ideals of total commitment and service.


Bro Dr Beppe Gaido


Nessun commento:


Chaaria è un sogno da realizzare giorno per giorno.

Un luogo in cui vorrei che tutti i poveri e gli ammalati venissero accolti e curati.

Vorrei poter fare di più per questa gente, che non ha nulla e soffre per malattie facilmente curabili, se solo ci fossero i mezzi.

Vorrei smetterla di dire “vai altrove, perché non possiamo curarti”.

Anche perché andare altrove, qui, vuol dire aggiungere altra fatica, altro sudore, altro dolore, per uomini, donne e bambini che hanno già camminato per giorni interi.

E poi, andare dove?

Gli ospedali pubblici hanno poche medicine, quelli privati sono troppo costosi.

Ecco perché penso, ostinatamente, che il nostro ospedale sia un segno di speranza per questa gente. Non ci sarà tutto, ma facciamo il possibile. Anzi, l’impossibile.

Quello che mi muove, che ci muove, è la carità verso l’altro, verso tutti. Nessuno escluso.

Gesù ci ha detto di essere presenti nel più piccolo e nel più diseredato.

Questo è quello che facciamo, ogni giorno.


Fratel Beppe Gaido


Guarda il video....