mercoledì 30 maggio 2018

Dr Makandi

Dear Dr Makandi,
It is very hard for me to admit that you have been accepted in orttohopedic specialization course in Eldoret, and that you are about to leave.
It is very hard to think that you will not be able to come to Chaaria to work with me, if not from time to time when you are not in the University.
We will miss you so much for the next 5 years, hoping that you will come back to us more skilled and more specialized.
"It is good for you and for Cottolengo Mission Hospital if she goes for specialization" Dr Zirckle always tells me.
I understand it although I can't help saying that you are a big loss for me, for the patients and for the hospital, at least for some years.
Personally I will miss a dear friend and a very supportive colleague.
But I am also very happy for you, Dr Makandi.
I know you are fulfilling a dream, the dream you have pursued for long time.
I am sure that you deserve it and that you will still use all your skills for the poorest among the patients.
So, with a drop of tear in my eyes, I wish you, Dr Makandi, all the best.


I pray for your future endeavors and I promise my continuous support and friendship.
I am sure that, if God wants, one day you will be back to Chaaria to help us even more, and I do not doubt that all the good you did for us and for all the patients you operated and treated for free, will be turned into blessing for your life and studies.
With sincere affection and friendship

Bro Beppe

Nessun commento:


Chaaria è un sogno da realizzare giorno per giorno.

Un luogo in cui vorrei che tutti i poveri e gli ammalati venissero accolti e curati.

Vorrei poter fare di più per questa gente, che non ha nulla e soffre per malattie facilmente curabili, se solo ci fossero i mezzi.

Vorrei smetterla di dire “vai altrove, perché non possiamo curarti”.

Anche perché andare altrove, qui, vuol dire aggiungere altra fatica, altro sudore, altro dolore, per uomini, donne e bambini che hanno già camminato per giorni interi.

E poi, andare dove?

Gli ospedali pubblici hanno poche medicine, quelli privati sono troppo costosi.

Ecco perché penso, ostinatamente, che il nostro ospedale sia un segno di speranza per questa gente. Non ci sarà tutto, ma facciamo il possibile. Anzi, l’impossibile.

Quello che mi muove, che ci muove, è la carità verso l’altro, verso tutti. Nessuno escluso.

Gesù ci ha detto di essere presenti nel più piccolo e nel più diseredato.

Questo è quello che facciamo, ogni giorno.


Fratel Beppe Gaido


Guarda il video....