lunedì 25 gennaio 2016

Ela's letter

Dear  Brother,  Beppe,
I am sure that tomorrow I will not be able to say anything with much sense.  Probably I will only cryJ even if I promised to myself that I will not.
I am so happy that God brought me to Chaaria.  I have never planned to come to Africa.  It was really his action and his will to put this idea in my mind and make me brave enough to realize that.
I always try to discern if something is good in my life by its fruits.  I see now beautiful fruits of my time in Chaaria. Everything is saying to me that it was a good decision to come here…especially for the 2nd time.
Of course I am sad that I am leaving Chaaria today, but “this time” I feel also very peaceful and happy. I am so grateful!
I hope you know how much I am grateful for everything.
Thank you so much for giving me the chance, for trusting me, teaching me, appreciating me.
It means a lot to me.  Here in Chaaria, I feel like in the place I was always looking for, and having you as a teacher is like….. I don’t know…… I can’t find the right words. 
Thank you that I always could ask you about everything, even very simple things.  It was very important to me that you never showed me that I am useless or stupid.
I really know how imperfect is my knowledge but I also know how much I learnt during this 6 months.



It was a wonderful feeling to be able to do new things, to help and to see that the others are appreciating me.
I know I could spend more time in theatre as you said: “you are always welcome”,  but sometimes it was so difficult for me to resign from working in the wards or outpatient.
In Chaaria I love both things: surgery and general medicine.
Being a doctor in Chaaria makes me happy.  It is a totally different thing compared to what I experienced in Poland.  I love my Country but I am not sure if I will find satisfaction and mission in working in Poland.
As you advised me, I will try to finish my formation, I have to value the fact that specialization in Poland is free (not like in Kenya) but I am not very sure if it is the best I can do.  Probably, here in Chaaria I could learn more J and help more…
Anyway, the plan is that I am going back and I will apply for surgery.  Then whenever it will be possible, I will come again and again….. if only you accept me.
Chaaria is such a special place….  So difficult sometimes, now I understand that most of the time it is not easy.
I tried to observe, learn and fit as much as possible.
This is how I understand working and helping in a place that is not my own.
Probably I should finish this letter and go to sleep; it is already 2:20am and I have still not packed mu luggage, but I will do it tomorrow.
I hope we still keep in touch and I hope that in future I will learn from you more and more.
I promise that I will pray for Chaaria and for you.

Thank you and see you soon
One more time:  all the best and May God bless you!


Ela

Nessun commento:


Chaaria è un sogno da realizzare giorno per giorno.

Un luogo in cui vorrei che tutti i poveri e gli ammalati venissero accolti e curati.

Vorrei poter fare di più per questa gente, che non ha nulla e soffre per malattie facilmente curabili, se solo ci fossero i mezzi.

Vorrei smetterla di dire “vai altrove, perché non possiamo curarti”.

Anche perché andare altrove, qui, vuol dire aggiungere altra fatica, altro sudore, altro dolore, per uomini, donne e bambini che hanno già camminato per giorni interi.

E poi, andare dove?

Gli ospedali pubblici hanno poche medicine, quelli privati sono troppo costosi.

Ecco perché penso, ostinatamente, che il nostro ospedale sia un segno di speranza per questa gente. Non ci sarà tutto, ma facciamo il possibile. Anzi, l’impossibile.

Quello che mi muove, che ci muove, è la carità verso l’altro, verso tutti. Nessuno escluso.

Gesù ci ha detto di essere presenti nel più piccolo e nel più diseredato.

Questo è quello che facciamo, ogni giorno.


Fratel Beppe Gaido


Guarda il video....