martedì 25 dicembre 2012

Merry Christmas from Poland

It’s difficult for me to write an email in English. But today is a special day and I want to share it with you. 
I spend in Kenya only 3 months and as much as 3 months but I feel that a small piece of my heart is still there. 
To be honest I miss you so much. I miss all my small smilin babies on Pediatrics, working in the Outpatient, writing the discharge cards. I wanna say thank you once again, because during this time you showed me a lot of thinks, you showed me how to be a doctor, how to be a human. 
In Europe it’s difficult to get lesson like this. So i’m grateful. Now i’m less talking and more thinking. 
And I try to not complain. I’m on my 6th year. 
I can see only few patiens, only few cases. I think that it is nice for them, but for me… life in Kenya was exciting, full of passion, also somethimes difficult but now I remember good moments. In Poland we have a special dinner on Chrismas Eve. 
During this dinner you share a small piece of bread with your family, you want to remeber all people important for you. 
And I try to remember about Chaaria. I know that now you have warm, sunny summer. I’m jealous: now in Poland is winter and our temperatures are like -10. 
Please say hello to Gian Carlo, all Clinical Officers: Anderson, Martin, Jonah, Jessy, your midwifes, nurses, and all your staff. 
If you can find a free moment please tell me something about the hospital and your life now. 
I want to wish you Merry Chistmas, a lot of power, a lot of serenity and few moments for sleep. 

*Let us pray on this Bethlehem Night, the Night of Good Delivery, to have all our matters untangled, bonds, conflicts, complications* 

Ks. Twardowski 
Your sincerely Ania 

Nessun commento:


Chaaria è un sogno da realizzare giorno per giorno.

Un luogo in cui vorrei che tutti i poveri e gli ammalati venissero accolti e curati.

Vorrei poter fare di più per questa gente, che non ha nulla e soffre per malattie facilmente curabili, se solo ci fossero i mezzi.

Vorrei smetterla di dire “vai altrove, perché non possiamo curarti”.

Anche perché andare altrove, qui, vuol dire aggiungere altra fatica, altro sudore, altro dolore, per uomini, donne e bambini che hanno già camminato per giorni interi.

E poi, andare dove?

Gli ospedali pubblici hanno poche medicine, quelli privati sono troppo costosi.

Ecco perché penso, ostinatamente, che il nostro ospedale sia un segno di speranza per questa gente. Non ci sarà tutto, ma facciamo il possibile. Anzi, l’impossibile.

Quello che mi muove, che ci muove, è la carità verso l’altro, verso tutti. Nessuno escluso.

Gesù ci ha detto di essere presenti nel più piccolo e nel più diseredato.

Questo è quello che facciamo, ogni giorno.


Fratel Beppe Gaido


Guarda il video....